This is German manufacturer Audi’s response to a US market
where buyers are flocking from sedans to compact crossovers. By
far their smallest utility production model, this new 2017 Audi
Q3 2.0T Premium is among the latest new crossovers to hit the
market. And although it faces steep competition from the likes
of BMW X1, Mazda CX-3 and the Mercedes GLA, this new
Audi has been manufactured as a jack-of-all-trades.
2017 Audi 2.0T Premium – Exterior and Interior
This is the base variant of the new 2017 Audi Q3 2.0T Premium
series and the Bavarians have intentionally made it a quaint
regular looker. There’s no flair in the design; it looks robust
and stout to a certain extent. The basic design language is a
mimic of the larger Q5 and that too with a subdued tone. An
under-current of functionality is what this car has and
although it has that Audi-like attitude to it, there’s nothing
special about it at all.
- Wheelbase – 102.5 inches.
- Length – 172.8 inches.
- Height – 62.6 inches.
- Ground Clearance (Min.) – 6.7 inches.
- Gross Weight – 4,894 lbs.
The 2017 Audi Q3 2.0T Premium is a conventional 5-seater
compact SUV. And although it is not the largest option in the
segment, what this new 2017 Audi 2.0T Premium makes up for is
the compactly designed interior with class-leading specs. The
smaller cabin does not hinder much even with a sunroof coming
in with the whole design. There are numerous luxury and
infotainment add-ons which make it a positive preference ahead
Luxury add-ons with this model include Premium Leather Seating
and Upholstery, Dual-Zone Climatic Control, Ambient LED
lighting throughout the cabin and an 8-way Power Adjustable
Driver and Passenger Seats among others. Highlights of a
decked-up infotainment list boast the likes of SiriusXM Sat
Radio, Premium Audio system, multi-infotainment dashboard
Along with all of this, there are numerous driver-assist and
safety techs which will be available in this 2017 Audi 2.0T
Premium base trim such as: –
- Driver and front passenger airbags; Sideguard Head Curtain
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers For Children).
- ECS (Electronic Stability Control).
- Google Earth and Voice activated Navigation.
- Parking assists with rear camera and optional blind spot
2017 Audi Q3 2.0T Premium – Performance and
- Engine Type – 2.0-literInline 4 16-Valve Turbo DOHC
- Max Power – 200 [email protected] 5100-6100 rpm
- Max Torque – 207 lb-ft @ 1,700 – 5,000 rpm
- Sprint – 7.8 seconds (0 to 60 mph)
- Top Speed – 130 mph (Estimated)
This 2017 Audi Q3 2.0T Premium has a bit of both performance
and efficiency. The low-range Turbo kicks in nicely providing
for nifty in-city driving. And although compared to peers, it
is just that bit low in power, it covers the aspect with an
above average efficiency.
- Drivetrain – Quattro AWD
- Front Suspension – MacPherson strut.
- Rear Suspension – 4 link strut bar and link.
Just larger than a Fiat 500X, this Audi Q3 2.0T Premium 2017 is
the better handler and scores high on in-cabin ride quality and
This 2017 Audi Q3 2.0T Premium is the base model available and
although there are other competitors with better performance,
what this model has a bit of everything along with
affordability making it more than worth a buy.
2017 Audi Q3 2.0T Premium – Expected Price
- Price – $31,800. [Varies as per dealer]
- Engine – 2.0 FTSI.
- EPA – 20/28/23 mpg. [City/Highway/Combined]